Friday, June 21, 2013

Jenn reviews Entwined With You by Sylvia Day



Jenn Donald's review:

Once again I am rating this series with 5+ stars. I love Gideon and Eva and I will shout it from mountaintops, tall buildings or anywhere else someone will let me speak. Sylvia Day has done it again, completely capturing my heart with her writing. I truly loved every single minute of this book, every single one!

I have to say that I had high expectations going into it since I have been crazy in love with the series so far, and it did not disappoint.

Their story picks up right where we left off in Reflected In You (thank you for that Sylvia Day!). Eva and Gideon are trying to pick up the pieces of their relationship after Nathan’s murder and find their path.

The love that is between Eva and Gideon is so powerful it takes my breath away! These two are just meant to be together, like there is some force that has brought them together and will keep them together no matter what challenges they have to face. I think that’s one of my favorite things about these two, they fight through it all together, even when they don’t realize that is what they are doing.

Their crazy passion for each other continues to burn red hot in this book too! They are struggling with external issues that threaten their relationship as well as their internal demons that they continue to deal with.

“He was all things to me, everything I wanted and needed in one imperfect man.” ~Eva

I loved the continued growth we see in Gideon in this book. I really felt like I learned so much more about him, and his love and pure need for Eva.  Gideon has changed from the playboy, walking sex god we first met into such a complicated and beautiful man. He is that perfect damaged, tortured alpha male and yet he is vulnerable in a way that just squeezes your heart and steals your breath. He has come to understand his need for Eva and that is not just about great sex but a love so deep he can’t live without it.

“You’ll never lose me, angel,” he vowed. Wherever you go, however far, I’ll be right there with you.” ~Gideon

Since the very beginning I admired Eva’s strength, she is definitely a tough woman who won’t put up with shit from anyone, including Gideon. She stands up to him when needed but also knows when he needs the softness and love from her. She has her own issues to face in this book with her family, Cary and those around her and she works so hard to get through them even when she’s ready to break.

I also loved the continued stories of many of the other characters in the series. The depth of the other characters makes the story feel whole.

I was thrilled with the end of this book, although I was practically jumping up and down when I found out that this is not the end of their story (Squeeee)! I’m so excited to see where Sylvia Day will take them next because it so clearly NOT over! These characters still continue to grow and learn from each other.

Another heart squeezing, scorching hot book from Sylvia Day that I will re-read over and over again. This isn’t a simple love story, but a journey of two people finding love and hope and learning how accept it from each other.

“It’d been that way with us from the very first meeting, both of us inexorably drawn together. We’d mistaken our ferocious mutual captivation for lust until we realized we couldn’t breathe without each other.” ~ Eva
 

 
 
This is Jenn's Gideon Cross, her Dark & Dangerous. (And may I say, WOW!)
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment