Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My review of Everything For Us by M. Leighton

 
About Everything For Us:
 
Olivia Townsend’s wealthy cousin Marissa had everything a girl could ask for—a great job, a privileged life, and all the friends she wanted. Or, at least, all the friends money could buy. But one case of mistaken identity has turned her privileged world upside down.

An abduction gone wrong lands her right in the lap of the sexiest, most dangerous man she’s ever met. To Marissa, he’s an enigma, but one to whom she’s irresistibly, inexplicably drawn.

With him comes a new world of freedom and passion, of dark shadows and dangerous secrets, a world where nothing is what it seems—except for the blind passion that Marissa can’t escape—or maybe even survive.
 
 
My Thoughts:
 
 
I will admit that I had some reservations about starting Everything For Us. Don't get me wrong, I adore Michelle and love all her books, especially the Bad Boys series, but I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to connect with it. I love Olivia, and think Cash and Nash are two of the hottest book boyfriends out there, BUT I truly disliked Marissa! Like knock her upside the head kind of dislike. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of once I dislike a character in a series, there's no going back. I dislike them forever and have a hard time getting into a book about them. But, and this is a HUGE but, I can now say that I am a Marissa fan!! Michelle did it!! Within the first few chapters my heart started melting, and I found myself loving the person that Marissa was deep inside, the one she was working so hard to bring out despite the way that she was raised. Change is hard, especially when it would be so easy to stay the shallow rich girl she had always been. It took a major wake up call, but I love her for doing it!!

And then there's Nash. *insert a HUGE sigh here* There's a reason this series is called the Bad Boys series! He's bad in the best and hottest way possible!! While I think Cash will remain my favorite of the two, it's just by a teensy-tiny bit. I love that Nash is willing to do what's necessary to protect the one's he loves, even if that means not going about it in the way that he has dreamt of for years. His desire for a real life, not one on the run, helps him see above his thirst for blood and leads down a path to the possibility of a life with Marissa.

Seeing that I am a huge fan of any book that has two messed up people being able to find each other and make it work, it's no surprise that I give Everything For Us 5 stars. It has everything....action, extremely hot romance, and best of all, a happy-ever-after!!
 
Purchase Links:
 
 
 
 
 
 
About M. Leighton:
 
I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.
 
Find M. Leighton on:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment