Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Welcome to My Little Corner of the Web

I have spent more time than I'm willing to admit trying to come up with something witty and life altering for my first post, but sadly the gods of inspiration have left me hanging. I'm pretty sure I pissed them off in a past life or something. So, left to my own entirely boring musings, I've decided to use this post as a "hello" from me to you.

Over the last few days I have read so many how-to's, what-not-to-do's, and dear-God-don't-ever-do's about book reviewing and blogging that I swear my eyeballs are about to explode! I'm still not completely sure that I'll ever get it all down, so I'm just going to be me...sink or swim!

When I read, I become attached and fully invested in the characters and the story line. I don't see why reviews shouldn't be the same, so if you're looking for a sterile and emotionless review, you're on the wrong blog! Be forewarned though, when I love...like REALLY love a book or an author, I can get annoyingly vocal about it. I'm sure my friends and family wish I had an "Off" button they could punch! Yup, punch! But I do promise to be open and honest, and above all respectful about my likes and dislikes.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my little blog and feel free to spread the word. I apologize in advance for any english gaffes and blatent typos. Trying to learn the design and technical aspects of all this is going to drive me to the nearest mental ward, so thank you in advance for all of your kindness and patience. This is definitely a work in progress. I look forward to getting to know all of you fabulous people!

W.
The Geekery Book Review

p.s. Many, many huge thanks to SMIBookClub for your help and kindness!

5 comments :

  1. congrats on your first post! I am here if you need me. Juewelz xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And remember, ANY advice or tips you have will always be welcome!

      Delete
  2. Hey, Geekery Book Reviewer... I feel the same way about some of my reviews.. Which explains why they're long at times... :( I try NOT to tell you everything about the book or what actually happens, but I've been accused on SEVERAL occasions of going on and on... But that's how you know that I REALLY REALLY liked a book, if NOT loved it.

    Welcome to the blogging world.

    ~Kim
    Read Your Writes Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thank you so much for the welcome!
      In all honesty, the reviews I read and like have always been the ones that are more personable. Most reviews in big name papers tend to bore me and don't usually make me decide to buy a book or not so I have always turned to word of mouth or bloggers.
      People and bloggers like you "going on and on" are what sell books!

      Thanks again for the welcome,

      Wendy
      The Geekery Book Review

      Delete