Release date: October 29th 2013
Today is our stop on the Late Night With Andres blog tour!! Check out Jenn Donald's review and interview with author Debra Anastasia, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!!
Rising-star blogger Milla Kierce knows she's arrived when she sees the swag basket in her dressing room on the night of her late-night television debut. But before she can bite into the muffin that symbolizes her success, gunfire echoes through the TV studio. She's just hidden herself (mostly in plain sight) when the door flings open. Instead of a gunman, there stands one of the world's most popular rock stars, Gage Daxson, looking for his own way out of danger.
Thrown together, they'll battle a venomous man seeking revenge and his own sexual pleasure, but they may never leave the building again. Distracted by fear, fame, and infamy, can these two somehow find their way to each other?
Equal parts horrifying and hilarious, Debra Anastasia's Late Night With Andres offers more than a few twists and turns—and, of course, enough heat to keep things interesting.
Jenn reviews Late Night with Andres
I am a huge fan of Debra Anastasia! Her writing is some of my favorite and now I can add Late Night with Andres to that list. This is a story full of action, comedy and great use of the word fuck!
Milla is an up and coming blogger who is visiting a late night talk show. Gage is a super hot rock star also visiting the show but the two are in for a night of pure crazy. The two are thrown together when a crazed gunman takes them hostage.
Milla is absolutely hilarious – the perfect combination of sassy and fierce when she gets mad. I loved her mouth and her ability to never seem to shut up when she probably should. Her approach to the gunman had me laughing and cringing at the same time! I mean she calls him the Devil’s Fart!
I adored Gage!! He was absolutely the perfect counter to Milla’s crazy ideas, keeping her calm and come on he’s ridiculously hot too!
This was a perfect short story that I loved from the first word to the last. It’s funny and crude in the perfect Debra Anastasia way that will have you laughing and falling in love with her while cringing a few times along the way!
Jenn interviews author Debra Anastasia:
1. I follow you on Facebook and Twitter and you are one of the most creative cursers I’ve known! (And that is just awesome!) How do you come up with them? I grew up in a household of creative cursers, almost always used to make each other laugh so that’s really my foundation. I love laughing and nothing like I well-placed f-bomb to bring around a giggle. You are so brave to follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I should never be allowed to have a keyboard.
2. All of your characters seem to be a mix of a deep complexity and humor, how do you do that so well? Thank you so very much! That’s always the hope, right? I think I have to leave enough space in each character so the reader can fit in there with them. So, I think if my characters work for you, it speaks volumes about your amazing imagination and empathy.
3. I have to ask, Beckett is one of my very favorites, what is the inspiration for his character? I have a whole ancestry of hot-headed, righteous people. My family tree is a spectacular place. Beckett comes directly from my father and uncle who would do the wrong thing for the most perfect, right reasons.
4. I absolutely loved your Seraphim series and it really made me look at things a little differently, how did you come up with their stories? Awww! I love the Seraphim Series. It kind of hides behind the Poughkeepsie Series. That was a place where I could just go anywhere. With the angels, anything was possible. I wanted to explore as much vivid imagery as I could. It was a safe place to turn every rule on its head. Angels could be bad and the plot was allowed to drop out from under the reader. So much fun to write. I really just started with one bad-mouthed angel and took her on the ride of her life.
5. Which character of yours would you most like to have a drink with? Beckett and Satan Jack are a tie for me. I love my bad boys so much.
6. Are you anything like the characters you write? I think I’m like every character I write. The villains and the main characters, just in much less dramatic ways.
7. What do you when you are not writing? Pretty much I do the house thing, maintain the dogs, occasionally work a day job. I love reading too.
8. What kind of books do you like to read? Anything that pops off the first page catches me. I’m an easy reader, I’m open to all genres as long as they’re entertaining.
9. What kind of advice would you give aspiring writers? Do it. Now is the best time in the history of the world. We have computers, Google, a publishing revolution –if you want to do it and don’t try it now you will kick yourself later in life.
10. Here are a few fun and quick, get to know you type questions:
a. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate is my spirit animal.
b. Favorite adult beverage? Coca-cola. (I’m lame)
c. Favorite swear word? Motherfucking ass monkey ball cheese.
d. Coffee or tea? Tea
e. If you could be any celebrity for a day who would it be? Ed Sheeran. I’d love to be able to sing and think like him for a day.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions!!
Thank you for having me. You’re the best!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Debra Anastasia grew up in New York and got a bachelor's degree in political science at SUNY New Paltz. At the start of her marriage, she moved to southern Maryland with her husband. She still doesn't trust crabs and all their legs, though everyone else in her family thinks they're delicious. Her favorite hobbies include knitting, painting furniture and wall murals, and slapping clowns.
Her writing started a decent handful of years ago when along with the dogs, cat, kids, and husband, the voices of characters started whispering stories in Debra's ear. Insomnia was the gateway for the plots that wouldn't give up, wouldn't let go. In the shower, a twist would take hold and--dripping and frenzied--she'd find somewhere, anywhere to write it down.