Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Hard As It Gets by Laura Kaye.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so in love with this book, and I can't wait for more!! I always love Laura Kaye's style of writing, and Hard as it Gets just took it a step further!
There's heat (of course!!), action, mystery, and hands down, the cutest book mascot ever!! If Eileen the three legged dog doesn't steal your heart, go get checked to make sure you have one!! ;-)
Becca is actually one of the few female lead characters that didn't irritate me from the start. I love that she's tough, but also knows when to ask for help. None of that I'm female hear me roar even if it's going to kill me and everyone I love crap. Above that, she actually seems interested in helping Nick work out his problems. All she ask is honesty above everything.
And Nick. Look in the dictionary under hot, and Nicholas Rixey's picture will be there. The man is smokin' hot with a mouth to match. Inside he is a tad damaged, but he starts to let Becca in to help heal the wounds no one can see. It's obvious from the start that Becca is just what he needs.
How one book can hold so much Alpha-Male goodness, without bursting into flames, I'll never know. The introduction of the five ex-Special Forces solders left me dying for the rest of the series even before I finished the first. Although all the questions aren't answered in Hard Ink, in no way is it a cliffhanger. It DOES leave you wanting to get to know the rest of the Hard Ink men better, and can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfold.
Everyone needs to read this...like EVERYONE!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment